Small Tweaks : Big Difference
“What are some small tweaks to a website that can make a huge difference to the user experience?” – on Quora
I have a long career of doingfor weak websites, which often involves dealing with . That’s all okay by me … when you have the budget to hire me.
But – especially if you don’t have graphical tools or tech skills – the easiest&best bang-for-your-buck is often to deal with content issues.
- terminology – use accessible words
- glossary – explain what you’re talking about
- consistency – make the visitor learn once
- labeling – concise, understandable, consistent buttons & titles
- organization – “content management” of your message
These are the sorts of tweaks that you can probably accomplish yourself with modest textual editorial tools.
A first step towards insight is often to do aof what’s on your site.
It’s a step towards the, which is the basis for an organized, self-evident presentation.
Don’t underestimate the value of your content.
Surface Styling is important. And it’s valuable. But it’s not a strategy.
© The Communication Studio LLC