This is an overview of the Usability Task Deliverables that the User Experience Practitioner often works on over the course of a project. This certainly isn’t everything, but you’ll recognize some of them. They are Buzzwords in Good Currency.
Many of the essential Tasks reflect classic SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) process.
Scope of Work
- User Assistance Accessibility
- FAQ’s Easy Answers / Leverage the Call Center
- Tutorials Self-Aware, Self-Explanatory
- Rollout Get onboard with change
- Stylesheets CSS
Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. — Mark Twain
The Craft is often expressed as a Document
I don’t know what they’ll have you doing, but imo here’s what you should focus on:
- Learn the you don’t already know yet
- Hone your documentation, info-gathering, analytical, and ‘research’ skills
- Set your mind to grasping the ‘architecture’ metaphor: sitemaps, content management, tagging, semantics, taxonomy
- Get fluent with relevant coding (not necessarily programming) like html & css & templates. Dirt-under-the-fingernails is healthy.
- Familiarize yourself with the
- Attach yourself at-the-hip to a knowledgeable mentor. Know that this usability craft – like any language – is absorbed most effectively through immersion.
Youris as broad as your interests and as targeted as your talents.
© The Communication Studio LLC