USMA West Point
West Point unveiled its new library building in the 2008 school year. They wanted their online library site to be a fitting showcase for the new facilities – and to approach library services in a new way.
The Communication Studio provided a functional and presentational makeover of this university library website based on a defined set of needs.
- Identify primary audiences (Student Cadets, Faculty, Library Administrators and Visitors) and their workflows
- Simplify navigation and information structure, with an eye towards end-user needs
- Enable and support Student and Faculty “self-service“
- Define administration and maintenance tools for the Library Staff
- Supply the project team with process tools, documentation and guidance in a “virtual” working environment
Probably the biggest solution was to provide all users with a topic-centric view of available resources. In the legacy site, information was often “silo-ed” by storage medium or organizational boundaries, which meant that you had to search repeatedly and redundantly to find the information you want.
This one was a real ” information architecture & retrieval” challenge. Also – we were servicing an audience that had specific several roles and workflows.
© The Communication Studio LLC
LinkedIn (August 17, 2015 – February 29, 2016) 78 views, 8 Likes